Excelsior Chardonnay 2016

$ 10.00

Producer Notes:

TASTING NOTES: This crisp, mouthwatering bottling is a blend of Excelsior’s three best Chardonnay blocks. It displays lively flavors of green apple, citrus, and pineapple on a full, creamy palate. Traces of peach, orange blossom and delicate toasty notes combine with a mineral edge to round out this versatile everyday sipper, a consistent crowd pleaser.

VINIFICATION AND MATURATION: The grapes were hand harvested in the cool, early mornings, at ripeness levels of 23 – 24.5° Brix. 75% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve the fresh citrus flavors. The remaining 25% was fermented and aged in French oak, which lends a subtle toasty nuance. Both portions were aged on their lees for three months. A small percentage of Viognier was added, contributing additional richness and a lush texture.

For shipping rates, please call (657) 232-0920.