Domaine Lucien Boillot Pommard 1er Cru Les Fremiers 2015
Pierre Boillot is a rare master of both the Côtes de Beaune and the Côtes de Nuits–not only does he have the vineyards but also the savoir-faire and skill. Pierre inherited this domaine from his father Lucien, whose name it still carries. Pierre worked together with his brother Louis for years, but a few years ago they parted ways and split up the family holdings. Pierre’s talent has become much more evident as he has had full control over this domaine, and in addition to retaining the original cellars in Gevrey-Chambertin, Pierre has instituted a rigorous revitalizing of the soils and vines in all of his vineyards.
Yields are limited to 30 to 45 hl/ha - these Pommard vines were planted in 1967.
• No chemical fertilizers are used, the soil is turned to promote diversity and health
• All grapes are harvested by hand and vinified at the domaine in Gevrey-Chambertin
• Grapes are de-stemmed most years
• The must is cold soaked for 3 to 5 days to best extract color and aroma from the grapes
• Fermentation is 100% natural and lasts for 18 to 21 days in enameled and stainless steel cuve
• Punching down of the cap occurs twice daily
• Maximum 30% new oak barrels are used to age the wine
• Wines are aged for 16 to 18 months depending on the vintage
• Wine are bottled at the domaine with no fining or filtering