Le Pigeoulet Vaulcluse Rouge 2015
Vignobles Brunier embodies the ensemble of the holdings by the Brunier family, notably Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe, Domaine La Roquète, Domaine Les Pallières (along with Kermit), and other vineyards for wines under the Brunier label. Frédéric and Daniel are the fourth generation of their family to farm the land of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. The brothers have worked hard to solidify the legacy left by their father, Henri, and their great-grandfather, Hippolyte. They have brought their intricate knowledge of the various terroirs of the southern Rhône to new heights through the expansion of the holdings. Their properties represent a vast variation of soil types, climatic conditions, and grape varieties.
The “Pigeoulet” is fresh, rich in fruit, pleasantly representative of its terroir, and easy to appreciate young. The blend is 80% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 5% Carignan, 5% Cinsault, from 25 year old vines farmed in clay with sandy alluvial deposits.
Vineyard/Winemaking facts for this Vin de Pays de Vaucluse Rouge “Le Pigeoulet”:
• Vineyard is divided into two parcels: 3 hectares on the left bank of the Rhône, 15 km north of Avignon; 7 hectares in the commune of Caromb (beneath Mont Ventoux)
• Blend assembles fruit from both the Côtes-du-Rhône and Ventoux appellations
• Grapes are harvested by hand
• Grapes are de-stemmed
• Grapes are pressed gently by pneumatic press
• Vinification occurs in temperature-controlled cement tanks for 15-20 days
• Wine ages for 18 months in 50% cement tanks, 50% foudres
• The name “Le Pigeoulet” is derived from the foothills of the noble La Crau plateau
For shipping costs, please contact LCA Wine at 657-232-0920