Villa Wolf Pinot Gris 2015
The Villa Wolf varietal line-up includes exceptionally affordable, classic Pfalz wines made from traditional varieties. These value-priced wines combine Villa Wolf estategrown fruit with grapes from contracted growers.
• Excellent value for a classically produced Pfalz wine from Ernst Loosen.
• Bottled with the Stelvin screw-cap closure for freshness and convenience.
• Medium bodied, dry style is very food friendly.
• The Pfalz region is where Pinot Gris was first produced as a varietal wine. It is located in the Rhine river valley in southwest Germany, directly north of France’s Alsace region. The low-lying Haardt mountains protect the area from cold, wet Atlantic weather, making it one of the warmer and drier areas of Germany. Wine grapes do quite well here where it is possible to achieve full ripeness in every vintage. The predominant soil type in this area is well-drained, weathered sandstone. It produces wines with a fruit-driven purity and a stony structure.
Winemaking Notes & Technical Info
• Harvested at optimal ripeness for a bright, fresh style. No overripe or botrytisaffected fruit is allowed.
• Fruit processed as quickly as possible to preserve freshness.
• Fermentation in a combination of stainless steel, large neutral oak casks and concrete tanks. Blended before bottling.
• Malolactic fermentation is avoided in order to maintain lively acidity.
• Light filtration before bottling. No other filtering or fining.
• Alcohol: 12.5%
For shipping costs please contact LCA Wine at 657-232-0920