Whitehall Lane Napa Valley Merlot 2015
Whitehall Lane Winery and Vineyards, founded in 1979, is a local family-owned and operated winery in Rutherford AVA of Napa Valley, dedicated to growing and making premium, world-class Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Estate wines, while providing excellent hospitality with Napa Green certified and sustainable practices.
- 92% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Estate vineyards in Rutherford and selected vineyards in St. Helena and Oak Knoll AVAs
- Soils: deep loam on the famed Rutherford Bench
- Fermented with gentle pump-over for the careful extraction of color and tannins
- Aged in a combination of French (25% new) and American (10% new) oak barrels for 18 months
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
Tasting Notes: Dark cranberries and dried cherries burst out of this wine aromatically, coupled with cocoa dust, fresh strawberry jam, cherry cola, pomegranate, and toasted vanilla. On the palate, fine, firm tannins alongside black cherries, red currants, goji berries, and toasted walnuts. It is supple in texture and shows attractive depth on the finish. Enjoy right now and through 2023 with proper cellaring.
FOOD PAIRING SUGGESTIONS:
Grilled filet mignon with mushroom-wine sauce; braised winter game birds with caramelized onions